- Additional Information The following clinics are provided by the practice nurse with an input from the doctors:
- Diabetic, Asthmatic, Heart disease prevention, Stroke, hypertension, Keep well, Obesity and weight problem, Anti-smoking, Alcohol control, Wart treatment, Travel Health Advice
- These clinics are run within normal surgery times by the practice nurses. If you would like an appointment for one of these clinics, please ask the receptionist who will be happy to help you. The frequency of these clinics will depend on the number of people who want appointments. The reason that some of the clinics are run within normal surgery hours is to try and encourage as many people as possible to come to these health promotion clinics, the aim being to prevent or control disease at as early a stage as possible.
- Travel Clinic. Download the form below, complete and hand in to the Surgery 8 weeks before your are due to travel. You will need an initial 20 minute consultation appointment with the nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. There will be a charge for private prescriptions and vacinations that are not covered by the NHS.
- Click here to link to theTravel Health advice website
- Click here to print off the Pre-travel Clinic Record.
- Additional Information The practice provides the following services:
- Maternity medical services
- Contraception and family planning services
- Child health surveillance services
- Minor surgery services
- Full details of these services are available from the doctors and staff.
WE ARE NOW PROVIDING PRIVATE MEDICALS
- Additional Information This is carried out on various days of the week by the health visitors.
- Please speak to the Health Visitors for an appointment Tel. 01382 647753
- Additional Information Maternity care in the practice is carried out in conjunction with the hospital, midwife and outreach antenatal clinics.
- If this is your first contact with the midwife please make a BOOKING appointment, for all other appointments please make a RETURN appointment. To make an appointment please call:-
BOOKING telephone 01382 632866 (Mon - Fri 9-4.30pm)
RETURN telephone 01382 740204 (Mon - Thur 9-12.30pm)
- Outwith these times there may not be someone there to take your call but if you leave your contact number someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
- The antenatal clinic is held on a Thursday afternoon by the midwife.
Contraception & Women's Clinic
- Additional Information A full range of contraceptive services is available from the practice. Dr's Katherine Ogilvie and Dr Catriona Rundle provide a full range of specialised contraceptive care including intra-uterine devices and subdermal implants. Problems or issues relating to women's health eg contraception, menopause, menstrual problems, STIs, breast symptoms can be discussed with the Doctor or Nurse and an appointment would be required.
- Additional Information
- The practice is not a dispensing practice and there is no dispensary in the health centre. The nearest two chemists are situated on Perth Road.
- We have a good relationship with both Colin Lowe Pharmacy and Boots Pharmacy on Perth Road and we have found both pharmacies to be extremely helpful and willing to advise patients who are experiencing difficulties with medication, giving advice on Minor Ailments and Smoking Cessation.
- Additional Information Many leaflets are available in the health centre. Please ask the nurse or doctor if you cannot find an appropriate leaflet. We often have access to other leaflets not on display. We try to keep these leaflets as up to date as possible. You may be issued with a leaflet during your consultation. This is to assist in providing further information on your clinical condition.